Languages

Plan your trip
02 98 92 13 35

icone flus rrs

Contact

Illustration carte Douarnenez

Office de Tourisme du Pays de Douarnenez

1 Rue du Docteur Mevel
29100 Douarnenez Bretagne
Tél. 02 98 92 13 35

info@douarnenez-tourisme.com

Open all year round

April to June / September to October :

Monday to Staurday
10am-12.30pm / 2pm-6pm
April-Mai-June-September :
Sunday : 10.30am to 12.30pm

November to March :

10h-12h30 / 14h-17h30

July & August:

7 days a week : 10am to 6.30pm

Côté patrimoine

The church was dedicated to saint Ergat. There still are in this building some elements of the Romanesque church built in the twelfth century. The four pillars of the choir among to the school of Pont-Croix (early fourteenth century). At the end of the sixteenth century was erected the western gable as evidenced by the many visible inscriptions on the façade (1585, 1588 ...). This set is a nice example of Gothic architecture from the Cornwall. To the east, a chapel built in the late seventeenth century, as evidenced by the design of the upper part. To the east, a chapel was built in the late seventeenth century, as evidenced by the design of the upper part.


Contact et adresse

  • Eglise Saint-Ergat - Pouldergat


Contact et adresse

  • Halles - Douarnenez

This market town has typical architecture with traditional Breton houses built from granite.


Contact et adresse

  • 02 98 92 13 35
  • Le Juch

The parish of Douarnenez was created in 1875. This neo-Gothic style chapel, from the architect Joseph Bigot, was build in 1877, but the spire will be achieved much later in 1939. This chapel has beautiful series of stained glass, and 109 coloured panels. Furniture: Mainly from the end of the 19th century. This chapel has beautiful series of stained glass, and 109 coloured panels. We can find some theme from the Bible, but also some from the History of Brittany such as the mention of the Sainte Anne‘s life, venerated in Sainte-Anne-La-Palud, and Dom Michel Le Nobletz. Most of the work comes from L. Lobin’s workshop and his successor and was realised in 1881,1889, and 1896. The north part of the transept represents the History of Brittany, and the south part the History of France.


Contact et adresse

  • Douarnenez

Chapel dedicated to St. Gwenaël,which was Guénolé’s successor at the head of the monastery of Landevennec, if we follow the list of abbots included in the cartulary written in the middle of the eleventh century. The Chapel is hidden under the foundations, and stands on a steep terrain which includes the calvary and the fountain. With a rectangular plan, the building was built in the late sixteenth century, as evidenced by the numerous inscriptions engraved on the northern and southern walls (1591, 1592, ...) and on the doors. The western gable has a modern part with a door of classic architecture and supporting a triangular pediment bell chamber. The repairs and cleaning done recently have uncovered some elements of the mural decoration from the eighteenth century.


Contact et adresse

  • Pouldavid Douarnenez

Pouldergat

Pouldergat

One of the destinations within Douarnenez Bay, Pouldergat sits at the crossroads of three tourist areas: pays Bigouden, Cap-Sizun and pays Glazik. Essentially a farming town and open to the outside world, Pouldergat offers visitors a unique way to experience rural life.


Contact et adresse

  • Pouldergat

This monument was registered in 1932. It is a small rectangular structure built in 1655 as the dates indicate above the round window. On this building a new frontage has been built in 17011 against the western gable.


Contact et adresse

  • Ploaré Douarnenez

Chapelle Saint-They

Poullan-sur-Mer

Hid behind some trees, the chapel comes out in the end of a path. Rebuilt in 1766, it is organized in cross-shaped, without any windows. Some parts of the chapel come from an old edifice from the end of the 15th century. The statues would have been put in Kerinec Chapel. The bell, made in Quimper in 1789 reserved for this chapel is now in a church in Scotland.


Contact et adresse

  • Chapelle Saint-They - Poullan-sur-Mer

Eglise Saint-Cadoan

Poullan-sur-Mer

This church was rebuilt in the early eighteenth century and brings together elements from various areas. It is registered among the historical monuments. The whole church is from the 17th-18th centuries. The southern porch is the most important construction from this period.


Contact et adresse

  • Poullan-sur-Mer

L'abri du marin

Douarnenez

Back in 1900, Jacques de Thézac - who founded the 'Abris du marin' sailors' shelters decided to create one in Douarnenez. Political difficulties delayed the project, which only finally came about in 1914. This shelter, built on the coastal point of Rosmeur, is one of the largest creations of architect René Darde.


Contact et adresse

  • 02 98 92 66 33
  • rue Henri Barbusse - Douarnenez

Eglise Saint-Joseph

Douarnenez

Built from 1881 to 1883 in terms of JM Abgrall, it was consecrated October 19, 1884 and was inspired from the roman style. The church formerly contained a typical decoration of a trompe-l’oeil style of the late nineteenth century. The paintings disappeared around 1966, date of the reordering of the choir. The original program which had to represent the apostles has been incompleted and only nine of them have been represented complemented by an evocation of the life of Michel Nobletz.


Contact et adresse

  • Tréboul Douarnenez

Dating from 16th century, the church is consecrated to saint Germain and was built in Latin cross-shaped. During the 17th century, the western gable was completely rebuilt (1620, 1630, and 1635) by adopting the new style: a triangular frontage. Worth noticing the magnificent gate representing the legend of the lost city of Ys. In the graveyard, stands a calvary with a stone cross from Kersanton where the date 1645 has been written on the base which represents the restoration year. The triumphal arch built in 1558 enables to go inside the graveyard.


Contact et adresse

  • Kerlaz

The paintings on the vaulted ceiling are listed. This former chapel in Pouldavid was elevated to parish church status in 1880, and the town itself was founded in 1919. Irregular shape, and the nave is of the 'nef obscure' style with no high windows.


Contact et adresse

  • Pouldavid Douarnenez

This ships graveyard gathers some old fishing boat including “Saint Quido”, a 18,30 meters trawler built in The Guilvinec in 1981; “Elfe des mers”, a 18,22 meters trawler built Douarnenez in 1964; “kermoor”a 15,77 dundee built un Audierne in 1959; “Katie Ann” a welsh trawler built in Swansea in Wales in 1921, and “Tom Souville” built in Boulogne sue mer in 1952, an old pilot boat equipped for basking shark fishing.


Contact et adresse

  • Boulevard du Général De Gaulle - Douarnenez

It is traditionally said that the chapel has been built where the house of Dom Michel Le Nobletz (a famous missionary who spent more than 25 years in Douarnenez) used to be. This chapel, built from 1663 to 1665, a bit unknown, is especially noteworthy for its decoration on the whole wainscot. The 58 painted panels represent the life of the Virgin and the Christ. The monument as well as the furniture and the decoration are from the second half of the 17th century.


Contact et adresse


Allée couverte de Lesconil

Poullan-sur-Mer


Contact et adresse

  • Poullan-sur-Mer

Dating from the 16th to 18th centuries. Until 1875, this chapel was the one of the Rosmeur, the maritime district of Douarnenez, gathering fishermen and sardine factories. The current was rebuilt in the middle of the 18th century, but keeping some architectural elements such as the tower or the spire. Worth noticing on the outside the stone sculpture depicting the life of a fisherman.


Contact et adresse


Chapelle Saint-Jean

Douarnenez

The bells tower is a monument classified in 1924 and its calvary in 1951. This chapel was the parish chapel of Tréboul from 1840 to 1884, date of the construction of Saint-Joseph chapel. The structure has been entirely rebuilt around the 18th century as confirmed by the date 1746 noticeable on the western frontage. Some elements of the former chapel have been used again. The bell tower of the 16th was rebuilt in 1755 only. A few elements of the windows and doors of the 15th and 16th century were integrated in the transept walls and a porch of the 15th century disappeared at the beginning of this century.


Contact et adresse

  • Chapelle Saint-Jean - Tréboul Douarnenez

Dolmen et Menhir de Lesaff

Poullan-sur-Mer

Discover the prehistoric stone table and standing stone of Lessaff in Poullan Sur Mer.


Contact et adresse

  • Poullan-sur-Mer

In this construction, dating mainly from the 17th and 18th centuries, still remain older elements, especially in the southern wall. The whole elements if from the late 15th and the 16th century as shown by the date of 1586 engraved on a pillar’s base. The construction of the new church began in the second half of the 17th century. Many dates inscribed on the walls to keep the track of the progress of the works. The southern wall was rebuilt in its upper parts at the same time. The tower is built at the beginning of the 18th century, with classic model.


Contact et adresse

  • Le Juch

From the 18th century Sculptural stone cross and fountain dating from the 16th century. The oldest part of the church is its core whose its architecture dates from the late 15th century. The western frontage is from the 7th century including the stairs turret. The bell chamber and the spire were rebuilt in the 18th century. Near the chapel, there is a rung calvary and circular tank use for the days of forgiveness. Further, stands a fountain from the 16th century restored in the 17th century.


Contact et adresse

  • Chapelle Notre-Dame de Kerinec - Poullan-sur-Mer

Île Tristan

Douarnenez

Situated a stone’s throw away from Douarnenez, the island (which belongs to the French National Heritage association since 1995) is an intriguing island of approximately 7 hectares. The island includes a fort dating from Napoléon III, an exotic garden and a lavish orchard. It represents a natural protected site full of history and legends: presence of Gallo-Roman, presence of the famous brigand “La Fontenelle” who made this island his base, presence of sardine presses and sardine factories, and the poet Richepin in the early 20th… This island can only be visited only accompagnied by a guide. For more information please contact Douarnenez Tourist Office or visit its website.


Contact et adresse


Poullan Sur Mer

Poullan-sur-Mer

The small town of Poullan sur Mer is located 7km from Douarnenez, 10km from Pont Croix, 25km from Quimper and 25km from the Pointe du Raz. It has 1470 inhabitants. This town offers all the calm of the countryside not far from the sea.


Contact et adresse


Kerlaz

Kerlaz


Contact et adresse

  • Kerlaz

Eglise Saint-Herlé

Douarnenez

This monument has been classified in 1910. Ploaré is the seat of an ancient parish which included the Juch and Gourlizon. The construction of the present building began around 1548 and an inscription which was readable a long time ago at the base of the tower. This tower was inspired from the ones of Saint-Corentin Cathedral in Quimper, started in 1424. At the end of the 16th century, because of the wars of the League, the works seem almost stopped at the base of the pyramid. The construction of the spire then restarts during the 17th century which gives it its aspect. The situation is still complicated because of the restorations drive by the lightning strike several times. The examination of the construction enables to see a number of more or less successful connections showing the changes of the projects gradually and when the progress of the works.


Contact et adresse


French
Office de Tourisme du Pays de Douarnenez
1 Rue du Docteur Mevel
29100 Douarnenez Bretagne
02 98 92 13 35
cash, check, credit card

Suscribe to our newsletter

Logo Arque Bretagne

Logo Qualité tourismeLogo Tourisme HandicapLogo La mer par excellenceLogo Douarnenez CommunautéMembre d'Office de Tourisme de FranceDouarnenez station classée

© Office de Tourisme du Pays de Douarnenez

Réalisation : Les Sentinelles du Web